Build an Online Store: An Introduction to E-commerce
E-Commerce (Electronic Commerce) allows you to accept orders and payments for goods and services through online stores and checkouts.
E-commerce examples includes shopping carts, online subscriptions, event registrations and donation websites.
The major advantages of e-commerce online stores include:
- Lower Business Overheads and Running Costs
Rent, employee wages, purchasing costs, order processing, faxing, phone calls, data entry and running costs associated with a physical store.
- Removal of the “Middle Man”
- Automation of business administration
Invoicing, stock control, customer and order management, product additions and updates.
- Accepting orders 24/7 without the constraints of business hours or geographical location (local, interstate, international)
- Ability to build a loyal online customer base and increase repeat sales
- Integrate and leverage social media with online specials and discount offers
Link your store to facebook, twitter and other social media
Manage your online store remotely from any internet-enabled computer
- Sell downloadable products such as e-books, audio and video files securely
Jacob Gates Design & Media provide a range of E-Commerce Solutions that can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. We will take you through the entire process from concept to deployment, with personalised advice at each step of the process.
What are the essential aspects of building an online store?
- Registering a domain name
- Web Hosting – this is the online server space that houses your website, database and emails
- An Online Store website – please contact us for a quote
- SSL Certificate – this encrypts and secures all data submitted on your website
- A Payment Gateway – think of this as an online EFTPOS terminal that allows you to accept credit card transactions on your website
We work with our clients throughout the entire process and can offer obligation-free advice at each stage.